5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B820
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM)
The book's full text of 515 pages has been converted to PDF images which are searchable using the Acrobat Reader program's "FIND" function.
Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional item ordered.)
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
PUBLISHED BY THE NEW ENGLAND HISTORIC GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY, BOSTON, MASS., 1920.
1. When places other than Mendon or Massachusetts are named in the original records they are given in the printed copy.
2. In all items from the records the original spelling of the names is given, and any additions made to the spelling is enclosed in brackets.
3. The various spellings of a name should be examined, as items about the same family or individual may be found under different spellings.
4. The birth of a married woman is recorded under her maiden name, when it is known, but if it is unknown the entry appears under her husband's name with a dash enclosed in brackets, i.e. [-], to signify that the maiden name is not known.
5. In taking records from grave stones it is often the case that the family name of a woman as given on the stone is not that under which she was born, so therefore many births may appear under a married name instead of the original which is not known. In many cases names are evidently those of wives, though not so specified. All dates of births found on the gravestones in the town are given in the book, but from this it is not to be inferred that the persons are born in this town, as in many cases they are not.
6. Marriages and intentions are printed under the name of both parties. When both the marriage and intention are recorded only the marriage record is printed and the date of the intention is not given, except when needed to make more clear the date of the marriage. When the marriage intention is not recorded it is designated by an asterisk.
7. Additional information which does not appear in the original town record, i.e., any difference shown in other records of the same person, is enclosed in parentheses, with the source of the information indicated. .
HISTORICAL NOTES.Marriages . . . . . 3,176 x 2 = 6,352 names
The township of Qunshapage.' May 20, 1669, certain lands granted to Mendon. June 29, 1710, certain lands annexed. June 1, 1714, purchase of lands from the Indians in 1691 confirmed. November 27, 1719, part included in the new town of Bellingham. June 27, 1727, part established as Uxbridge. June 14, 1735, part included in the new town of Upton. April 10, 1754, bounds between Mendon and Uxbridge established. April 24, 1770, part of Uxbridge annexed. April 11, 1780, part established as Milford. March 25, 1845, part established as Blackstone. March 7, 1872, bounds between Mendon and Bellingham established.
Population in 1920 = 961.
Number of Births printed . . . . . . . . . . . . 7,852
Deaths . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,194
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2010 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved