5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B802
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM)
The book's full text of 555 pages has been converted to PDF images which are searchable using the Acrobat Reader program's "FIND" function. All names listed alphabetically.
Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge.
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
1. The fact that a birth, marriage, or death is recorded in Chelsea does not prove that it occurred in this town ; but when places other than Chelsea and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy.
2. In all items from town records the original spelling is followed, and no attempt is made to correct errors appearing in the records.
3. The various spellings of a name should be examined, as items about the same family or individual may be found under different spellings.
4. The birth of a married woman is recorded under her maiden name, if it is known. But if the maiden name cannot be determined, the entry appears under the husband's name, with a dash enclosed in brackets, i.e.', [ ], to signify that the maiden name is unknown. If it is not known whether the surname is that of a married or unmarried woman, ?m, is placed in brackets after the Christian name.
5. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. When both the marriage and intention of marriage are recorded, only the marriage record is printed; and where a marriage appears without the intention being recorded, it is designated with an asterisk.
6. Additional information which does not appear in the original text of an item, i.e., any explanation, query, inference, or difference shown in other entries of the record, is bracketed. Parentheses are used to show variations in the spelling of a name in the same entry, to indicate the maiden name of a wife, to enclose an imperfect portion of the original text, and to separate clauses in the original text.
C H E L S E AEstablished January 10, 1739, o. s., from part of Boston called "Winissimet, Rumney Marsh and Pullin Point, or otherwise called Number Thirteen (excepting Noddle's Island and Hog Island)."
Part annexed to Saugus February 22, 1841.
Part established as North Chelsea (now Revere) March 19, 1846.
Chelsea incorporated as a city March 13, 1857. March 23, 1857, act of incorporation accepted by the town.
Part of North Chelsea established as Winthrop March 27, 1852.
March 24, 1871, name of North Chelsea changed to Revere, if accepted within 90 days. Act accepted April 3, 1871.
Population in 1915 = 43,246.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2010 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved