5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B329
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC ONLY
The book is 1,153 pages, not indexed, names listed alphabetically, soft cover with a plastic comb binding. Available on CD-ROM disk ONLY. File saved in Portable Document Format (PDF) which can be read by the Adobe Acrobat Reader program. This program is free and is included on the disk. You may then search the file for names, dates, and places using the FIND or SEARCH function.
Cost is $24.95 plus $3.99 shipping and handling. (add $1.00 S&H for each additional disk ordered).
The records of births, marriages, and deaths include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family Bibles. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerks' record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to indicate the maiden name of a wife.
When places other than Essex and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. In all records the original spelling of names is followed and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be found under different spellings.
CAMBRIDGEIn Massachusetts' records, Vol. 1, page 9, under date of July 26, 1631, "Charlton, Misticke & the new towne" are mentioned:
March 6, 1632, the bounds were established between Charlestowne and Newtowne.
May 2, 1638, Massachusetts' records, Vol. 1, page 228. "It is ordered that Newtowne shall henceforth be called Cambridge."
March 13, 1639, the bounds between Cambridge and Watertown were established, and October 7, 1641, the bounds betweeen Cambridge and Boston.
November 12, 1659, a grant of 1,000 acres of land was made to Cambridge, which was renewed October 19, 1664.
March 20, 1712, a part of Cambridge was established as the town of Lexington.
June 4, 1761, and March 6, 1802, parts of Charlestown were annexed to Cambridge.
February 24, 1807, a part of Cambridge was established as the town of Brighton.
February 27, 1807, a part of Cambridge was established as the town of West Cambridge.
January 27, 1816, a part of Cambridge was annexed to Brighton.
February 12, 1818, and June 17, 1820, parts of Charlestown were annexed to Cambridge.
March 17, 1846, Cambridge was incorporated as a city. The act of incorporation was accepted by the town March 30, 1846.
April 27, 1855, a part of Watertown was annexed to Cambridge.
April 30, 1856, bounds were established between Cambridge and Somerville and a part of each place was annexed to the other.
February 25, 1862, bounds were established between Cambridge and Belmont and West Cambridge, and parts of each place were annexed to Cambridge and parts of Cambridge to each of those places.
April 29, 1862, bounds were established between Cambridge and Somerville and parts of each place were annexed to the other.
April 19, 1880, a part of Belmont was annexed to Cambridge.
March 10, 1885, a part of Watertown was annexed to Cambridge.
April 28, 1891, bounds between Cambridge and Belmont were established and a part of each place annexed to the other.
March 9, 1898, bounds were established between Cambridge and Watertown and a part of each place annexed to the other.
March 29, 1898, bounds were established between Cambridge and Boston.
February 16, 1906, bounds between Belmont and Cambridge were readjusted.
May 5, 1911, bounds between Cambridge and Arlington were established, to be accepted by city council and selectmen. May 22, 1911, they were accepted by the selectmen of Arlington and on May 31, 1911, by the city council of Cambridge.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage