5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B799
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM)
The book's full text of 237 pages has been converted to PDF images which are searchable using the Acrobat Reader program's "FIND" function. All names listed alphabetically.
Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional item ordered.)
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
1. The fact that a birth, marriage, or death is recorded in Brimfield does not prove that it occurred there, unless it is so stated in the record. When places other than Brimfield and
are named in the original records, they are given as they appear there; but when Brimfield is named, the initial letter only is used, except in unusual phrases. Massachusetts
2. In all items from town records the original spelling is followed, and no attempt is made to correct errors appearing in the records.
3. A baptism is not printed, if it occurs within one year after the recorded date of birth of a child of the same name and parents or if it is clear that the child baptized is identical with the child of the birth record; but variations found in the baptismal record are added to the birth record.
4. The birth of a married woman is recorded under her maiden name, if it is known. But if the maiden name cannot be determined, the entry appears under the husband's name, with a dash enclosed in brackets, i.e., [----], to signify that the maiden name is unknown. If it is not known whether the surname is that of a married or unmarried woman, "? m." is placed in brackets after the Christian name.
5. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. When both the marriage and intention of marriage are recorded, only the marriage record is printed.
6. Additional information which does not appear in the original text of an item, i.e., any explanation, query, inference, or difference shown in other entries of the record, is bracketed. Parentheses are used to show variations in the spelling of a name in the same entry, to indicate the maiden name of a wife, to enclose an imperfect portion of the original text, and to separate clauses in the original text.
B R I M F I E L D
THE TOWN OF
BRIMFIELD, , was first mentioned in the records of the State June 10, 1714. December 24, 1731, Brimfield was established as a town. January 16, 1742, a part of Brimfield was included in the new town of Western (now Warren, Hampden County ). April 21, 1760, a part of Brimfield was annexed to Palmer. April 28, 1760, a part of Brimfield was established as the district of Monson. September 18, 1762, a part of Brimfield was established as the district of South Brimfield. February 7, 1763, boundary lines were definitely established. Worcester County
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2010 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved