5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B839
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM)
The book's full text of 326 pages has been converted to PDF images which are searchable using the Acrobat Reader program's "FIND" function. All names are listed alphabetically. Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & packing charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional item ordered.)
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
PUBLISHED BY THE ESSEX INSTITUTE, SALEM, MASS., 1915.
The records of births, marriages and deaths in this book include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the returns made to the Middlesex County Quarterly Court; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family Bibles, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerks' record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to indicate the maiden name of a married woman.
When places other than Westford and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. Double-dating is used in the months of January, February and March, prior to 1751, whenever it appears in the original, and also, whenever from the sequence of entry in the original, the date may be easily determined. In all records the original spelling of names is followed, and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be round under different spellings.
When additions to the original record have been made in different ink or in pencil it is so indicated within brackets.
The territory comprising the West Precinct of the town of Chelmsford was set off Sept. 23, 1729, and constituted a distinct and separate township by the name of "Wesford."
September 10, 1730, part of Groton was annexed: to Westford.
Population in 1910: 2,851.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2010 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved