5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B828
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM)
The book's full text of 281 pages has been converted to PDF images which are searchable using the Acrobat Reader program's "FIND" function. All names are listed alphabetically. Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & packing charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional item ordered.)
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
PUBLISHED BY THE ESSEX INSTITUTE, SALEM, MASS., 1927.
The following records of births, marriages and deaths include all entries to be found in the church records; in the cemetery records, and in many private records found in family Bibles and other sources. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of records has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to indicate the maiden name of a wife. When places other than New Salem and Massachusetts are named, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages are printed under the names of both parties. Double-dating is used in the months of January, February and March, prior to 1752, whenever it appears in the original, and also whenever from the sequence of entry in the original the date may be easily determined. In all records the original spelling of names is followed, and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be found under different spellings. From the fact that in 1855 all the records of births, marriages and deaths of New Salem were destroyed by fire, none of such records are available, save the period of 1843 to 1850, copies of which years are on file at the State House in Boston. These have been considered in this work as original records. The church records have fortunately been preserved and have been incorporated, as well as considerable material from the records of Franklin and Hampshire Counties, and from other public and private sources bearing on the vital statistics of this community. The seal of New Salem has been omitted on the title page. Although a design of a seal is used by the Town Clerk on legal papers, it has never been reproduced for use on printed matter.
June 15, 1753, the township of New Salem with the additional grant made to said township established as the district of New Salem. Aug. 23, 1775, the district made a town by general act. Jan. 28, 1822, part included in the new town of Prescott. Feb. 20, 1824, part of Shutesbury annexed. Feb. 5, 1830, part annexed to Athol. Mar. 16, 1837, part annexed to Orange and part to Athol. April 27, 1911 bounds between New Salem and Prescott established.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2010 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved