5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B154
FORMAT: PRINT ONLY
The book is 62 pages, not indexed, names listed alphabetically, soft cover with a plastic comb binding, and available for $10.98 + $3.99 shipping & handling charge (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional volume ordered).
History of Granby, Connecticut
The community we know today as the town of Granby is the direct descendant of a British settlement by the name of "Salmon Brook" which had its beginning in 1680. Originally a descriptive name for one part of the vast 100 square mile domain west of Talcott Ridge called colonial Simsbury, Salmon Brook soon became associated with a group of people who would chart an independent course for themselves.
Salmon Brook, the community, was founded by people of British descent, who crossed Talcott Ridge from their homes in Windsor, to make new homes for themselves in what they called "the wilderness."
The Old World migrants of the 1630's and 1660's moved from Massachusetts to Windsor, Connecticut, and then to Simsbury, Connecticut in 1670. Simsbury at that time included Salmon Brook (Granby), Turkey Hills (East Granby) and Cherry Brook (Canton). In 1786, Salmon Brook and Turkey Hills became the town of Granby. In 1858, East Granby became a separate town.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage